Thursday, June 18, 2009

Letter to Anusha

Dearest Anusha,

We did it ! You did it...Dad helped... and most important of all I did it ! It has been one week now since you have been completely weaned off !

Ofcourse there were your tears... your anger.... your pain. You wailed, begging me...calling me....hating me....you had this 'big why?' in your eyes that I understood but could not make you understand. It was the toughest time for me till now... more tough than anything I ever faced in my life before. I just wanted to let you know that my heart broke a thousand times in thousand pieces during the past month.

And then I think more than your crying it was more of me not wanting my baby to grow.....me not accepting that you are now a toddler and I cannot 'baby' you any more..... me who wanted to keep on hanging to that last thread...the special bond...to the comfort zone...even if it meant not getting to sleep straight throught the night for the last 16 months .... it was worth it :) !

Love,
Aai.

No comments: